Resident Benefits Package
Your Resident Benefits Package includes the following features:
- Keyless Smart Home. Benefit: Your rental home has been upgraded to a Keyless Smart Home. You will have an app with complete control to issue temporary codes to houseguests and say goodbye to your house keys!
- Asset Protection Plan. Benefit: Coverage for damage to the property caused by fire, water damage, explosion, falling objects, civil unrest and smoke for up to $100,000. This is provided to you without applications, credit checks, or billing.
- Air Filter Delivery. Benefit: Once per quarter we will conveniently mail air filters for you to install throughout your rental home. Let us know if you have a medical need for special allergen filters.
- Utilities Concierge Setup. Benefit: We have a utilities concierge service to reach out to you and assist in having all of your utilities connected prior to your moving in to your Rental Home.
- Regular Property Visits. Benefit: Throughout the year we will schedule several visits for us to come check on the property and make sure you are doing okay and see if there is anything in particular that you need that you may not have already asked.
- Tenant Portal. Benefit: You have 24/7 access to your Tenant Portal to submit maintenance requests, pay online using all included payment options including paying online, auto-draft and paying at a local storefront, as well as access to electronic documents.
- 24/7 Maintenance Hotline with Live Phone Support. Benefit: You can reach a live person after hours for emergency maintenance concerns by simply calling our main phone line.
- Free Credit Reporting for All Rental Payments to TransUnion. Benefit: You receive the benefit of positive credit reporting for all on-time rental payments to TransUnion (coming soon: Spring 2019)
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How does the Asset Protection Plan work?
A: The Resident Benefit Package payment includes a waiver fee in return for Smart Shield Property Management waiving the Minimum Required Insurance. Resident acknowledges that the waiver fee will be used by Landlord to purchase an insurance policy covering the property for accidental resident-caused damage. This policy provides coverage for damage to the property for the reasons stated above up to $100,000. Please note that this policy does not cover Resident’s personal possessions or expenses for alternate living arrangements, nor does it cover Resident liability to third parties for injuries or property damage. Resident further agrees to pay $250 per covered claim resulting from accidental Resident-caused damage under this policy. The Asset Protection Plan provides coverage that Renters Insurance may not provide in the event of a total Resident-caused loss. Residents are still encouraged to carry a Renters Insurance policy for other benefits not included with the Asset Protection Plan.
Q: May I opt out of the Resident Benefits Package?
A: No. Smart Shield Property Management provides Resident Benefits Package to all tenants.